Board of Canvassers
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE
MARCH 2, 2021 SPECIAL STATEWIDE BOND
- The Board of Canvassers will be registering all NEW VOTERS in the Town of North Kingstown at the Municipal Offices, 100 Fairway Drive for the Statewide Special Referendum to be held Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
- The deadline for new voters to register to be eligible to vote in the Special Statewide Bond Referenda is Sunday, January 31, 2021. The Board of Canvassers is open daily 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (closed for lunch from Noon - 1:00 p.m.) and will be open on Sunday, January 31, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Voters who have moved from one address to another address within the Town of North Kingstown or who have changed their name since the last election, should have their voting records updated.
- You may also register to vote or verify your voter information at VOTE.RI.GOV
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and implementing social distancing practices, mail ballot applications for this Special Statewide Bond Referenda Election will be mailed to all ACTIVE VOTERS. The deadline for mail ballot applications to be returned to the Board of Canvassers or the Board of Elections is 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 9, 2021. You may also print a mail ballot application .
EMERGENCY MAIL BALLOTS/IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING
Emergency mail ballots and emergency in-person early voting begins Wednesday, February 10, 2021 through Monday, March 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. at the Board of Canvassers, 100 Fairway Drive.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The following polls will be open on March 2, 2021 from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
IF YOU VOTED AT:
|Precinct 2301||Masonic Lodge, 1515 Ten Rod Road|
|Precinct 2302||Stony Lane Elementary School, 825 Stony Lane|
|Precinct 2303||Quidnessett Elementary School, 166 Mark Drive|
|Precinct 2304||Davisville Middle School, 200 School Street|
|YOU WILL VOTE AT: DAVISVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL, 200 SCHOOL STREET|
|IF YOU VOTED AT:|
|Precinct 2305||Slocum Grange Hall, 86 Slocum Road|
|Precinct 2306||North Kingstown High School, 150 Fairway Drive|
|Precinct 2307||Beechwood Senior Center, 44 Beach Street|
|Precinct 2308||Hamilton Elementary School, 25 Salisbury Avenue|
|Precinct 2309||Wickford Middle School, 250 Tower Hill Road|
|YOU WILL VOTE AT: BEECHWOOD SENIOR CENTER, 44 BEACH STREET|
Please contact the Board of Canvassers at (401) 268-1553 or e-mail BOC@northkingstown.org for more information.
To view your voter information, verify your voting poll location, or view a sample ballot please visit Vote.RI.Gov
The Board of Canvassers is looking for voters who are interested in working at the polls. Please contact the Board of Canvassers for more information or complete Application (PDF) to work at the polls.
According to Rhode Island State Law, voter registration records are periodically updated by using information received from the U.S. Postal Service National Change of Address Program. If you receive a mailing from the Board of Canvassers and have questions, please do not hesitate to call 401-268-1553 or email Board of Canvassers.
To register to vote, check voter registration information or status please visit the Rhode Island Voter Information Center.
Please contact the Board of Canvassers with questions or requests for additional information
Under the state’s new Voter ID law, poll workers will ask you for ID when you vote at the polls. Acceptable forms of ID's are:
- RI driver's license
- U.S. Passport
- ID card issued by U.S educational institution
- U.S military identification card
- State of Rhode Island or U.S government issued ID card
- Government issued medical card
- Rhode Island Voter Idenification Card
If you do not have one of these forms of identification or for more information, please visit the Rhode Island Voter ID page.
As a result of the recently adopted RI redistricting plan, your senate, representative and local precinct numbers as well as the polling locations where you cast your ballot in the general elections may have changed.